VMware Cloud Community
DollaBillz217
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't active VMWare vSphere Hypervisor 6.0

So I registered on the website, went to Downloads > Free Product Downloads > vSphere Hypervisor and I downloaded the VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.0 and installed it on my server.  On  the same page as the download link it gave me a license key to use.  I then downloaded the client and connected to my server.  Upon connecting I get a pop-up stating "Your evaluation license will expire in 60 days."  There is a blue link that says "Assign a license to the ESXi host" but when I click on it my browser pops up and it just takes me to the VMware home page.  If I click OK and that box disappears then there is no where on the interface for me to register the product.  What am I missing here?  Screenshots included

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DollaBillz217
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

And I literally just figured it out right after I posted this.  I had to click on inventory > Configuration Tab > Licensed Features > Edit > Assign a new license key to this host.  Not sure why they bury it in there like that, but glad thats done now.  Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DollaBillz217
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

And I literally just figured it out right after I posted this.  I had to click on inventory > Configuration Tab > Licensed Features > Edit > Assign a new license key to this host.  Not sure why they bury it in there like that, but glad thats done now.  Thanks

warkaj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hey man! you can't give yourself correct answer! haha

-ajw

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos