VMware Cloud Community
Heinrich_Rebehn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can i passthrough Haswell inegrated GPU?

Hi All,

is it possible to passthrough the integrated HD4600 GPU of a i7-4770 to a VM ? Or any other integrated GPU of a Haswell CPU?

And if this is the only Graphics in the system, will ESXI continue running without its console?

The board would be a Asrock - Z87m extreme4, ESXi 5.5

Thanks for any insights,

Heinrich

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No integrated GPU:s can be use "Passthrough" (VT-D), you need a PCIe GPU to be able to do that since you essentially forwarding the whole PCIe-card to a virtual machine.

If you are Passing through the only graphics-card in the system then you will loose the console.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No, not possible today.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
Heinrich_Rebehn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Linjo,

thank you for that quick and also quite terse reply. Will support for 4th gen. core processors be available any time soon?

How about older processors? Is there a whitelist?

With kind greetings,

Heinrich

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No integrated GPU:s can be use "Passthrough" (VT-D), you need a PCIe GPU to be able to do that since you essentially forwarding the whole PCIe-card to a virtual machine.

If you are Passing through the only graphics-card in the system then you will loose the console.