VMware Cloud Community
system33
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use the same license key for multiple free ESXi installations?

Hello,

Last year I installed ESXi 6.5 free version on one of our small office servers. Now we need to use it for another server. The 6.7 download is available after I login. I cannot find another page or link to create another free license for the new installation.

QUESTION: Can I use the same license key for multiple free ESXi installations? If not, what is the exact link for creating a new license key for the new host esxi installation?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

You can use the license key for the free vSphere Hypervisor for a unlimited number of hosts (up to 100). This is what you can read on vmware.com.

Regards

Joerg

0 Kudos
system33
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I wish this basic information was on the license page or next to the license key so users can know this without searching for hours.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

It actually is exactly where you expect it to be, i.e. right below the "Download Packages" section.

pastedImage_0.png

André

0 Kudos
Fliegel
Contributor
Contributor

can I register another licence with the same account? so i have 6.5 and for other maschine want 7.0 - is it posible ?

0 Kudos
Fliegel
Contributor
Contributor

I mean still ESXI Free

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
Yes, you can have VMware vSphere Hypervisor Free licenses in versions 6 and 7 (the links are different) registered with the same user.
In my personal case I have Free licenses in both versions.

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/group/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi6

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/group/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi7

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos