VMware Cloud Community
glenp86
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can I delete .locker folder from an empty datastore

Hi,

I have recently gone through the process of moving all guest servers from datastore 2 to datastore 1. The only thing left on datastore 2 is a '.locker' folder.

Since all guest servers are located on datastore 1 am I able to safely delete datastore 2?

The server is running ESXi 4.1.0.

Thanks in advance,

Glen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you can change the location of the scratch config, but I wouldn't delete it. Go to the Configuration Tab of your ESXi Host-Advanced SettingsScratch Config. There you can change the path

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you can change the location of the scratch config, but I wouldn't delete it. Go to the Configuration Tab of your ESXi Host-Advanced SettingsScratch Config. There you can change the path

0 Kudos
glenp86
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Troy,

Thanks for that info. I can see that the Scratch Config location is datastore 2. When I browse Datastore 1 I can see a .locker folder there as well.

I can see that both of the .locker folders contain log files. Would changing the setting cause problems for what ever is creating log files in the datastore 1 .locker folder?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks,

Glen

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you really only need one .locker folder. So, if you have on one both Datastores and the path is correct, you should be ok removing the old

glenp86
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Troy,

I had another look at the date / time the log files were created in datastore 1 and can see they are nearly a month old. Must have been created when I was mucking around at that time.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Glen

0 Kudos