VMware Cloud Community
snowmizer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Call recording on VM running on Cisco UCS

We are evaluating requirements for implementing call recording in our environment. Ideally the call recording server would be running as a VM on an ESXi host running as a blade on a Cisco UCS. I know that I need to set up RSPAN between my physical switches and enable promiscuous mode on my vSwitch that would be connected to the VM. Where I'm getting stuck is how the NIC that is plugged into my vSwitch would be able to sniff this traffic? Are there any requirements when I set up the vNIC on the UCS or VMWare or by virtue of the physical adapter being connected to the span port will the desired traffic get to my VM as monitored traffic?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
snowmizer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No we aren't running Cisco UCM. We have a 3rd party VOIP solution. I believe I've gotten the answer I needed....we need to order a C series server for our UCS to handle the call recording.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
alexand321
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

if you're talking about Cisco UCS, I suggest you deployed Cisco UCM.

In that case you probably don't need to sniff the traffic to record Cisco UCM calls. You can try BiB recording supported by the most of Cisco IP phones.

But you do need SPAN/RSPAN to record low-cost Cisco IP phones or 3rd party SIP devices. If this is the case I think you'd better ask vendor of your call recording solution - they must have Cisco UCS deployment experience.

0 Kudos
snowmizer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No we aren't running Cisco UCM. We have a 3rd party VOIP solution. I believe I've gotten the answer I needed....we need to order a C series server for our UCS to handle the call recording.

Thanks.

0 Kudos