VMware Cloud Community
jmizcypress
Contributor
Contributor

CIM Server Start and stop with host not working

Hello,

I have several ESXi 5 servers with Intel/LSI raids that I'm trying to monitor.  I have been able to get everything set up and working, however whenever the physical host is restarted, the CIM server does not start itself.  The startup policy is set to "Start and stop with host".  What am I missing?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
venkyVM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

By default CIM server starts and stops with the host. You need not edit any settings manually

0 Kudos
Ethan44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

completely agree with VenKy.

Please let us know if do you have any challenges??

"a journey of a thousand miles  starts with a single step.".
0 Kudos
WillieSurvive
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi jmizcypress,

I'm seeing the same thing with an LSI 9240-8i. It looks like all the "stock" sensors start up when I boot, but I have to manually start the CIM service to get the LSI provider to start reporting. I'm running the latest CIM provider, ESXi driver & firmware from from LSI.

What's really annoying is that the LSI provider stops reporting (showing up in Health Status) after a couple of hours so I have to manually restart the CIM service to get it reporting again. Are you seeing this behavior as well?

-Will

0 Kudos
WillieSurvive
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi jmizcypress,

Last night I updated to ESXi 5.1 Update 1 & now my CIM service appears to start when the server boots and my LSI CIM provider seems to actually work for more than a couple of hours with me having to restart it.

-Will

0 Kudos