VMware Cloud Community
brennanma
Contributor
Contributor

CIM Health Status Showing Incorrect Information

Good Day,

I am currently running ESXi 4.1 on two SuperMicro X7SBi's. The health status for both of these systems is showing that Fan1 is normal, but Fan2 through Fan6 are showing Lower Fatal and therefore causing my health status to show "Alert." Indeed, these fans don't exist on this model system and that is why they are critical. I have contact SuperMicro and they have informed me they do not provide CIM definitions for their hardware. Power supply 0 is also showing as "Unknown" and I'm not sure if that would be producing an alert condition if the fans were all normal.

I figure there has to be a way I can simply delete Fan2 through Fan6 from the existing CIM definitions (perhaps via TSM) but at present I am unable to find the CIM definitions to do this. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt Brennan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DCjay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Using the link below, please confirm is you hardware is supported by VMware HCL.

http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=server&product...[]=-1&datePosted=-1&partnerId[]=105&formFactorId[]=-1&filterByEVC=0&filterByFT=0&min_sockets=&min_cores=&min_memory=&rorre=0

0 Kudos
brennanma
Contributor
Contributor

I do not believe it is on that list. I do not see the model number, but then again I do not see any model numbers that look familiar and I have worked with a number of SuperMicro servers. As I stated, however, it is reading most of my hardware fine. It just thinks there is extraneous hardware which does not exist. I think I just need to remove the extra definitions from the CIM definition file that VMWare is using, however I don't know how the CIM model works inside VMWare or where those definitions are stored.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos