VMware Cloud Community
TCLiven
Contributor
Contributor

CDP working on one cluster but not the other

Good Morning -

We are currently using 4.1.0.  I have discovered that my non-prod cluster is reporting for CDP however my prod cluster is not.  Both clusters are set up exactly the same, both clusters contain exactly the same hardware.  Both clusters have the CDP cloud beside the network configurations.  The only thing I can think of is the cluster that is reporting to CDP contains the vMA.  Also the vMA is 4.0.0-161993, should this be upgraded or is it OK as is?

Anyone have any ideas on this one?  Thank you in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TCLiven
Contributor
Contributor

Well.. I just discovered that the password I have for our vi-admin is incorrect.  Anyone know how to reset this?  Ugh..

0 Kudos
nalfonso14
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

to reset vi-admin password, check that.

1- At the GRUB splash screen at boot time, press any key to enter the GRUB interactive menu.
2- Select Red Hat Enterprise Linux with the version of the kernel that you wish to boot and type a to append the line.
3- Go to the end of the line and type single as a separate word (press the Spacebar and then typesingle). Press Enter to exit edit mode.
4- When Start promp type: passwd vi-admin
Smiley Wink Enjoy
Nicolas Alfonso Sr Virtualization Architect ***Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.***
TCLiven
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for this info.  Unfortunately it did not fix my issue.  Only one cluster is being recognized as a cdp neighbor per my network admin.  When he runs sh cdp neighbors, all the hosts in the development cluster are listed however none of the hosts in my production cluster come up.  All hosts are on the same subnet.  Is there anything that needs to be done on the switches to allow both clusters to be seen?

Any and all advice appreciated.

thanks!

0 Kudos