VMware Cloud Community
JohnnyNeckU
Contributor
Contributor

Bug after moving vm with vCenter Converter Standalone

Hi all,

I have 2 esxi 4.0 servers. I made 4 servers on 1 esxi server, which I had transfered with vCenter Converter, to the other one.

From the vSphere Client, when I try to access the Vm from the console, I get a black screen with the following error : "a connection to the host could not be established"

Any Q on that one would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Johnny

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EDV-COMPAS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

make sure your esxi hostnames can be resolved from your client

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
JohnnyNeckU
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure to understand what you meant by "make sure your esxi hostnames can be resolved from your client"

However, my problem is when I'm trying to manage my transfered VM with the console throught the vSphere Client.

I'm wondering if there's a away to fix this or if it is better for me to go back with ESXi 3.5 instead of the new 4.0.

Best regards,

Johnny

0 Kudos
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You need to make sure that you can do forward and reverse lookups of the ESXi server from the machine (client) you are connecting from with vSphere client. Also ensure port 903 is open between the ESX host and the vsphere client.

JohnnyNeckU
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks guys!

I've solved my problem by looking the DNS resolution and weirdly, the Host Server name was pointing on a old IP address.

Weird because I was connected on the server and I'd tranfered my 4 VMs and everything was working well instead of this happen.

Anyway, I ran the ipconfig /flushdns on my PC and it had fixed the problem.

Thanks for you help!

Johnny

0 Kudos