VMware Cloud Community
Maelito77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Broadcom Nic showing as Intel Pro inside the W2K3 VM

Hi

I have a server with 4 x Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx NIC's and I have created several W2K3 servers and the NIC is showing as Intel Pro/1000 MT network adapter.

Is this normal? Should I not be able to see a VMware adapter or a Broadcom adapter instead of an Intel adapter?

Thanks, Maelito

Maelito
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

I have a server with 4 x Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx NIC's and I have created several W2K3 servers and the NIC is showing as Intel Pro/1000 MT network adapter.

Is this normal? Should I not be able to see a VMware adapter or a Broadcom adapter instead of an Intel adapter?

Yes, this is normal. The actual hardware on the host server is abstracted from the virtual machines. In this case, you have selected the e1000 nic for your virtual machine so that is what Windows sees it as.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

Yes, this is normal. The actual hardware on the host server is abstracted from the virtual machines. In this case, you have selected the e1000 nic for your virtual machine so that is what Windows sees it as.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
Maelito77
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I have also noticed that we get the Intel adapter on x64 OS and AMD for x32 OS.

Maelito

Maelito
0 Kudos