VMware Cloud Community
RenUser
Contributor
Contributor

Boot Failed after connecting the storage SAN.

Hello everyone. There are IBM x3650 M3 servers on which ESXi 6.7 U3 is installed. The hypervisor is installed on local RAID 10 disks as a Hard Disk 0 boot disk. We brought the servers to the data center and connected the storage facilities. The servers and the hypervisor loaded normally. After that, I remotely configured storage mapping on ESXI hosts and formatted them in VMFS 6. I configured virtual networks. Today I decided to install an SSL certificate on the host and after restarting the server, I found an error like HardDisk0 and an attempt to download via UEFI Initialization and the network. But the h

RenUser_0-1625320082112.png

RenUser_1-1625320129722.png

I think that this happened after connecting the shelf and configuring the partitions on it. But then why did the servers boot up in the data center with the SD already connected, although it was turned on last.

ypervisor does not load. Tell me what could be the reason ? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.

From the attached images, the server did not find boot in any device connected to the server, this includes the network cards.

On some older IBM x3650s, the boot list used to be lost, due to low UEFI (BIOS) levels. This used to happen due to power outages or disconnecting the server from the power outlet.

You must enter setup (UEFI) with F1 and correct the boot list to include the device that contains the VMware Boot. You should also verify your disk configuration (internal) in Storage.

Do you have configured the management port (IMM) of the server? can you access it remotely?

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos