VMware Cloud Community
dme1
Contributor
Contributor

Boot Configuration for Solaris Vm

Hi,

I have created a Solaris 10 VM which contains my application. I have tested the VM in dev and want to now move it to the Test environment for further testing of the application. The application has configuration information which is different on the test systesm (E.g. Databare URL for the application, some application specific properties). Since there are a number of properties that are different I have a separate configuration file for the test environment. Now when the application is installed in the test environment I want to point to the "Test Configuration Profile".

I plan to the environment (Dev, Test, Prod etc.) in which the application is being installed using an OVF Property. However how can I read this property in Solaris at boot time, and point the application to use the "Test Configuration Profile"?

For Linux/Windows, I can use studio which injects boot scripts and post application install scripts where I can probably script this, but I cannot find any information to do the same on Solaris.

Woudl appreciate any pointers on how to achieve this on Solaris.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies