VMware Cloud Community
tony_kano
Contributor
Contributor

Blank console of VM after upgrade from ESXi 4.1 to Esxi 5.5U3a

Hallo,

I have just successfully upgraded my ESXi 4.1 to ESXi 5.5 Update 3a with one virtual machine with CentOS. VM is running fine, but when I want to open console, I get blank screen, even if I click inside or press any key. When I create a new VM (that is why I did the upgrade - I need to create new Win 10 VM) and force boot to EFI, and open console to select boot order, I get the blank screen too. So it seem that it is not problem of VM, but ESXi itself (or vSphere cilent?).

I have another three ESXi 4, which runs fine and opens VM console without any problems.

Could anybody help me to solve this problem, because I am not able to install new VM without running console!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Tony

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you have IPv6 enabled on the ESXi 5.5 host? If so, does the same thing happen when disabling it?

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
tony_kano
Contributor
Contributor

No, IPv6 is disabled, but now I find where the problem is. It is caused by Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 mr3, which is installed on the client. I tried to find which component is causing this problem so I switched off all KES components, but with no luck. The problem disappear when I totally close KES. So I am not able to find which part of KES is causing this. Any idea? Iam I anole who uses KES with vSphere Client 5.5?

Tony

0 Kudos