VMware Cloud Community
turbo123
Contributor
Contributor

Black console screen

Hey guys, I recently created a vmware server on ESXi 5.1.0 and installed 4 VM running XP with different IE versions.  Everything was going fine up to today when I cant seem to see them via the console window any more.  The screen now appears black .  I can still access them bia RDP but not console.  Any ideas what's happened here?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
8 Replies
spravtek
Expert
Expert

Hey,

See if any of these tips help with your issue: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=749640

Did you change anything on these VMs, like add hardware or something?

0 Kudos
turbo123
Contributor
Contributor

i'll flick through that now thanks.  No i haven't changed anything on the VMs at all - only thing I did do was disconnect the keyboard and monitor from the host.

0 Kudos
iw123
Commander
Commander

Do you get any error messages in the console window? e.g MKS ?

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
0 Kudos
spravtek
Expert
Expert

There was also an issue a while back connecting through vSphere client to your vCenter server or ESXi host and opening the console of the VM when you run the vSphere client from a Windows 8 machine.

jfyi.

0 Kudos
turbo123
Contributor
Contributor

no errors in the console window and I am running windows 7 - however like i said it was working perfectly fine for the past few days - just today it's pulled this stunt.  No major changes that I can think of that would have caused this either...

0 Kudos
iw123
Commander
Commander

And its the same for all the VMs on there? What if you create a new VM?

Have you tried running the client from a different place too? (just trying to narrow down when the problem lies).

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
turbo123
Contributor
Contributor

yeah I was thinking the same myself -  I only have the laptop with me to try it on tho...  its the same for all VMs even with a new one.  I reckon the problem definitely lies on this laptop - just cant think what the heck has changed...

0 Kudos
turbo123
Contributor
Contributor

Just to update on this guys - i did a system restore on my laptop and all seems to be working as normal again.  some sneaky windows update must've crept in whilst I wasn't looking.  Thanks again for all the help!!!

0 Kudos