VMware Cloud Community
rulonator25
Contributor
Contributor

Bank invalid configuration

Hi, I'm having troubles with ESXi and UCS.

We have an UCS C200 M2 and ESXi 5.1.0-799733 (customized for Cisco). It had a VM with Windows Server 2008 R2 and we installed a Recording Server (by Calabrio). Two weeks ago, suddenly it stopped recording. When we tried to open main directory of Recording Server, it showed that an I/O error. We rebooted the VM but showed again this error.

After some troubleshooting, we decide to reboot ESXi and UCS. Then ESXi shows a missing or damaged file, state.tgz. We tried to repair installation by upgrade and install but keeping VMFS partitions, but it didn't work. It showed : "Could not create locker database".

Then, we tried to boot from local storage, it showed:

"Bank 5: invalid configuration

Bank 6: invalid configuration

No hypervisor found"

My theory is that HDD drive has a physical problem. But BIOS has not SMART tool to discard this.

My question is: Do we do something wrong while installing? Is there any form to discard that hdd drive is broken or damaged?

I will thank you for your responses.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

>UCS C200 M2

I do remember UCS servers do have USB booted or SD card booted ESXi images. I do believe that the USB/SD card is gone faulty. The state.tgz contains majorly the configuration of the esxi host

0 Kudos
Dee006
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Have you initialize your drive during RAID creation in the UCS box?If not better initialize your disk every time when you are going for new installation.

Below Mention KB will help to resolve your issue

ESXi 5.x host fails to reboot after installation with the error: Not a VMware boot bank. No hypervis...

UCS Manager Interoperability Utility

0 Kudos