SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT (ab)
Caused by a session driver not freeing its pool allocations prior to a
session unload.  This indicates a bug in win32k.sys, atmfd.dll,
rdpdd.dll or a video driver. <== вот возможные виновники
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000000d, session ID
Arg2: 00000000000037c0, number of paged pool bytes that are leaking
Arg3: 0000000000000000, number of nonpaged pool bytes that are leaking
Arg4: 00000000000000bb, total number of paged and nonpaged allocations that are leaking.
nonpaged allocations are in the upper half of this word,
paged allocations are in the lower half of this word.

утекающий тег: knlf

0: kd> !poolused 8
Sorting by Session Tag

NonPaged                  Paged
Tag     Allocs         Used     Allocs         Used

Pool         1         4096          0            0 Pool tables, etc.
knlf         0            0        187        14272 GDITAG_FONT_LINK , Binary: win32k.sys

что делать: либо видеодрайвер обновить либо надо искать хотфикс с утекающим тегом knlf для SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT на WS2008R2

This is problem VMware or not? May be hardware where install VMware?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alim786
Expert
Expert

Please see this article :-

&quot;Stop 0x000000AB (SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT)&quot; error when a client logs off from a Re...

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Cloomger,

This seems more of the Windows Server 2008 system driver problem and could be a bug. You may want to patch the OS to most latest, that should solve the problem.

Thanks,

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos
Cloomger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tell me, pls. So it is an error of Windows not VMware?  This Fix will solve a problem? Or may be solve?

0 Kudos
Alim786
Expert
Expert

Because this error is on the Windows 2008 R2 VM, it does not relate to the ESXi Hosts. I would recommend first to make sure the ESXi Hosts are up to date with patches, Update the VMTools on the VM Servers and update the OS with latest updates. This way you will have all the latest drivers and so if the problem occurs again, it is not to do with an old or incompatible driver.

Have you installed anything else on the VM Server apart from the OS ?

Have you created another VM 2008 R2 Server and see if the issue is replicated ?

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Cloomger,

Yes this seems to be more of a Windows problem.

Thanks,

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos
aleph0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

if solved emember to mark the question as answered and give point to who help you to solve in this thread

thank you

\aleph0

\aleph0 ____________________________ http://virtualaleph.blogspot.com/ ############### If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Cloomger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you installed anything else on the VM Server apart from the OS ? -Not soft, only terminal services role

Have you created another VM 2008 R2 Server and see if the issue is replicated ? We cloned a few VM. All them have this error, but this error have and on vm which was  created not clone

0 Kudos
Alim786
Expert
Expert

Can you create a new VM Server but NOT clone. Install OS with latest Service Packs and patches. Do NOT install the Terminal Services Role. and then test and provide results.

0 Kudos
Cloomger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok. I`m try...But this BSOD may be after week, 2-4 weeks(((

0 Kudos