VMware Cloud Community
progressmaschin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

BIOS Setting: Power Regulator for ProLiant

Hello!

under my HP ProLiant BL495c G5 Opteron 2384 i have four options in the BIOS-Settings under "Power Regulator for ProLiant":

- HP Dynamic Power Savings Mode

- HP Static Low Power Mode

- HP Static High Performance Mode

- OS Control Mode

What is the best setting for vSphere?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
piaroa
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That was our reasoning, max power for our VMs Smiley Happy

If this post has been helpful/solved your issue, please mark the thread and award points as you see fit. Thanks!

If this post has been helpful/solved your issue, please mark the thread and award points as you see fit. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
piaroa
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

We use HP Static High Performance mode, to avoid any throttling of CPU resources.

progressmaschin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks for your quick answer. Do you know if VMware vSphere is able to use/work with the setting "OS Control"?

0 Kudos
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

This is discussed in kb 1018206.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
progressmaschin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks a lot!

ok, so for my situation it is clear: i use the "HP Static High Performance mode" setting. So i am sure, that i have always the maximum power

bye

0 Kudos
piaroa
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That was our reasoning, max power for our VMs Smiley Happy

0 Kudos