VMware Cloud Community
gchidambar
Contributor
Contributor

Assign Multiple public IP to Virtual machine

Hi everyone
We have 4 physical servers and each server is installed with ESXi .
Now we want to create VPS / virtual server on each ESXi machine and want to assign more than one public IP to each VPS/virtual server
How to assign the multiple IP to each VPS ???? is it require Vcenter or can we do it by using ESXi alone ???
I am totally clueless please help me regarding this

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You assign IP addresses inside the guest OS of your VM, either multiple IPs to a single virtual NIC or separate IPs to dedicated virtual NICs.

So you might need to add an additional virtual NIC to each of the VMs. You might also need to make sure the physical network connections for those VMs (through your ESXi virtual switches) can reach the internet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
vcclhosting
Contributor
Contributor

Dear scott28tt thanks for your reply, but we want to make order placement and all procedure automatically with the help of whmcs . is it possible??

0 Kudos