VMware Cloud Community
rlhouser
Contributor
Contributor

Analyzing Intra-VM TPS

Hello. I am looking for help in trying to understand the dynamics of intra-VM TPS. Specifically, I want to see if and how I can determine if a specific page has been deduplicated via TPS. I am running a Ubuntu VM in ESXi 6.7.0 in VMWare. I disabled large pages (Mem.AllocGuestLargePage = 0). I have a process that reads 65KB from a file twice and stores the data in 2 different buffers in memory. I am trying to figure out if there is a way I can confirm if and when any of the pages associated with that data have been merged. Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

These may help:

Assess the Performance Impact of the Security Change in Transparent Page Sharing Behaviour - VMware ...

http://www.vmwarearena.com/vmware-memory-management-part-2-transparent-page-sharing-tps/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
rlhouser
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

0 Kudos