VMware Cloud Community
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Alarms Option

vShere 4.0 i have only option to Acknowledge Alarm and not reset to normal.

Have couple of VMs that triggered the Alarm which I have acknowledged but the icons are still showing the alarms and won't go away...

How do I reset those?

> if you found this or any other answer useful please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers <
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is it available in 4.0.0, 162856 ?

it is only available in vCenter 4.x. Please provide screen shot if you can. Are you logged in with an account that has the administrator role?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

so after you right click "acknowledge alarm" you cannot right click and "reset to green" Are you doing this a the top vCenter level under the alarms tab?

0 Kudos
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Some background: There is no cluster. There is vCenter and 2 Datacenters. I am seeing the same thing at vCenter and Datacenter and VM level. No option to reset to green...

> if you found this or any other answer useful please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers <
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

it is only available in vCenter 4.x. Please provide screen shot if you can. Are you logged in with an account that has the administrator role?

0 Kudos
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

please see attached

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

are all these guests in queston running on the same ESX host? If so, I would try a couple things. First restart the management agents

service vmware-vpxa restart

and also restart the vCenter Server Service. These just may be orphaned alarms/alerts.

0 Kudos
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

service vmware-vpxa restart did reset the alarms. The question is should I have an option in VC to rest thos alarms to green?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

yes, you should. Do you have a triggered alarm now? Maybe restarting the agent fixed the "struck" alert, and going forward you may be able to reset to green.

max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

new alarms came in but I still do not have the option to reset to green

0 Kudos
jcwuerfl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I have seen this a couple times bofore. You have to Power OFF the VM unforunatally, then they will go away. Not sure why this happens but this does work.

0 Kudos
max2479
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The problem now is not to reset the alarm. As suggested by Troy service vmware-vpxa resets the alarm. The problem is that I do not have an option to reset alarm to green in vcenter. only acknowledge....

Anyone?

0 Kudos
jcwuerfl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Exactally. Try powering it Off and On

0 Kudos