VMware Cloud Community
samwyse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Alarm definition icon question

I'm taking the "VMware vSphere: Install, Manage, Configure" class for 5.0.  When I looked at the alarm definitions, I noticed that the "Unmanaged workload detected on SIOC-enabled datastore"alarm icon has a red X on it.  (See attached file.)  This was the only icon with a red X that I can find, and my instructor didn't know what it meant.  Anyone have an idea?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check to see if the alarm is disabled (i.e. the Enable This Alarm option is unchecked).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There are a few scenarios described here which might be triggering the alert  - http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1020651.  Given that it is a training environment, perhaps an unmanaged host has access to the LUN.

0 Kudos
samwyse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Note that this is the alert definition, not an alarm that's being triggered.  I'm wondering if it means that the alert cannot be used in my environment, but that seems a bit far-fetched.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Check to see if the alarm is disabled (i.e. the Enable This Alarm option is unchecked).

0 Kudos
samwyse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That was it.  I'll be letting my instructor know. Smiley Happy   Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos