VMware Cloud Community
gothicreader
Contributor
Contributor

After changing the IP Address of an ESXi it shows the VMotion IP address

I had to do a IP address change for my ESXi host servers to include re-IPing the VSA front-end/back-end, vmotion, and related standard switches.

The host IP address is correct and shows correctly in the properties of vswitch (for all vmkernel ports), but when viewing the host servers  (view hosts and clusters) the 3 ESXi servers show the vmotion IP address. Please note that the gateway/DNS information did not change.

There are no network connectivity problems. Each host pings each other, VSA is working, etc.

Has anyone had this problem and what the fix is?

I think it has something to do with the cache?

Any advise to fix this problem would be awesome!

Thank you,

Judy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Did you reconfigure the VMkernel ports, other than just changing the IP addressing? Is Management still vmk0 or does vMotion have a lower vmk number?

André

0 Kudos
gothicreader
Contributor
Contributor

The management IP network is set to vmk0, vmotion is set to vmk1.

0 Kudos
tomtom901
Commander
Commander

Does re-adding the hosts to the cluster (maintenance mode - remove - re add) help?

0 Kudos
gothicreader
Contributor
Contributor

I failed to mention that this cluster is part of a VSA Cluster. The whole point of re-IP'ing was to move the VSA Cluster.

I'm currently trying to perform a "Move a VSA Cluster" but it's stuck.

I'll report back my findings once I resolve the issue in moving the VSA Cluster and successfully move the cluster to a new vCenter Server.

Stay tuned!

Judy

0 Kudos