VMware Cloud Community
fschaeffler
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After Upgrade from 5.1 to 5.5 ESXi won't come online

After I did an upgrade via online-update in the CLI, everything looked fine. No errors were being displayed and I was advised to reboot the system. I did reboot the system, however the server is not coming online again. What is the best practice for handling a problem like this. Manual inspection, repair to 5.1?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When you say its not coming online,,? are you referring its not booting up or its not connecting to the network.?

Thanks,
Avinash

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When you say its not coming online,,? are you referring its not booting up or its not connecting to the network.?

Thanks,
Avinash

0 Kudos
f10
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

I would first check the network connectivity to see if vCenter can ping the ESXi host. Then check the /var/log/esxupdate.log hosts.log and vmkernel.log to check for issues.

Remember that you can always revert back to previous version using SHIFT + R at boot prompt.

-f10

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
fschaeffler
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

As far as I understand, the ESXi 5.1 had also drivers for offically unsupported drivers like e.g. NICs. However in 5.5 also unsupported drivers got removed. That resulted in the server being running and being offline. By the shift+r trick I then could downgrade to 5.1. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
f10
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Good Smiley Happy you may find additional info about drivers in VMware HCL or server vendors download site.

Regards, Arun Pandey VCP 3,4,5 | VCAP-DCA | NCDA | HPUX-CSA | http://highoncloud.blogspot.in/ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos