VMware Cloud Community
Claudio_R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After ESXi 6 update to version 4600944 MegaRaid Storage Manager console stop working

Hallo,

I have an issue with LSI/AVAGO/BROADCOM RAID monitoring tool and ESXi

After ESXi update to version (6.0.0 4600944), MegaRaid Storage Manager (16.05.04.00) console installed on Windows VM, stop working with error:

“Login failed: unable to connect to CIMOM server”

Before the update, I run ESXi 6.0 UP2 (6.0.0 3620759)  and  MegaRaid Storage Manager woks perfectly.

Thank you

Claudio

VCP DCV - DTM since 2009
7 Replies
Obarnett
Contributor
Contributor

We are noticing the same issue.  Have you had any luck getting the resolved yet?

0 Kudos
fschneider1
Contributor
Contributor

we have the same issue.

I found in the syslog that the SLP registerd the wrong port "SLPReg(service:wbem:https://testvm.prod:598)" it must be port 5989.

Unfortunately, until now no solution found.

0 Kudos
tz01
Contributor
Contributor

you can replace the /bin/cimslp whit old.

it is work fine.

thhg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same problem connecting to the cimcom server with MSM 15.05 and the current 16.11 - "unable to connect to cimcom server"

When I search, All my cimslp files are dated the same

Is there another location or file that can replace the cimslp file

0 Kudos
mav123
Contributor
Contributor

You can take it from old installation or in attach. Do not forget to change permision to 0555.

0 Kudos
thhg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you - that worked great

Steve

0 Kudos
DBugrimenko
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you mav123, that solved an issue with MSM.

Another problem still persists - few sensor types including but not limited to Storage are missing from vSphere Client's Health Status page. This is happening since I've updated ESXi 6.0.0 from build 4510822 to 4600944. Screenshots are attached.

Has anyone managed to find a solution to missing sensors problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos