VMware Cloud Community
Quadcom
Contributor
Contributor

Additional Settings and License Agreements disappear after storage selection, OVA

Running ESXi v7 and creating a new VM from an Ubuntu Server 18LTS OVA file.

The creation process flows as normal but once I click next on 'Select Storage', both 'License Agreements' and 'Additional Settings' disappear. It's on these pages that SSH keys are supposed to be provided so that I can log into the server. Because the pages are skipped there's no way to log in.

I have seen some other people post about the exact same problem. Is there a bug in v7? Is this a setting that I've missed? Is v7 a beta and I should go with an earlier version of ESXi?

Quadcom_0-1613698294408.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Quadcom
Contributor
Contributor

So I thought, hey, let's read the manual lol.

On deploying an OVA it states at step 9 in the process (https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.vm_admin.doc/GUID-17BEDA21-43F6-41F...);

"(Optional) On the Customize template page, customize the deployment properties of the OVF template and click Next."

Is this "Customize Template" a new definition that needs to be in the OVA file in order for it to be triggered?

I've noticed that even installing PhotonOSv3 while the license page is displayed, Additional Settings disappears during the VM creation process.

Could this 'new' requirement mean that older OVA's are going to be non-compatible with ESXiv7 and need modification?

0 Kudos