VMware Cloud Community
Tekvektor
Contributor
Contributor

Adaptec 6805 + ESXi 6 + Maxview

I've been putting together a whitebox esxi 6 host for my lab at home, and was attempting to get adaptec's maxview setup so that I can utilize the utility to grow the raid 6 array as I slot more drives into the case. I followed the provided instructions having already folded the latest drivers for the Adaptec card into the ISO as part of the install to have the array  visible during the installation

esxcli software vib list | grep aacraid  gets me the following

scsi-aacraid               6.0.6.2.1.41024-1OEM.600.0.0.2494585  Adaptec_Inc                                                       VMwareCertified 2016-01-26

I disabled the watchdog server

and set the software acceptance level

esxcli software acceptance set –-level=CommunitySupported

and I successfully I install the vib's downloaded with the install package for Maxview VMWare (msm_vmware_v2_00_21811)

esxcli software vib install --no-sig-check -v /tmp/vmware-esx-provider-arcconf.vib

esxcli software vib install --no-sig-check -v /tmp/vmware-esx-provider-arc-cim-provider.vib

and reboot per the documentation, however after the reboot, the storage controllers are no longer recognized and the most of the GUI is unavailable.

Access to the shell via SSH is much slower and specific commands may or may not run.

I can reinstall ESXi and leave the datastores alone and on the post install reboot they come back.

Any Help would be appreciated. . .

20 Replies
KelVi
Contributor
Contributor

7805Q and 6805 here. Both controllers have latest firmware.

Upgraded to 6.7 U3b but no luck with all the firmware/driver/CIM combination or symlink command.

At the end downgraded back to to 6.5 U2 with 1.08-21375 CIM and CLI and 6.0.6.2.1.52011 driver.

MaxView works and it can recognize the 2 cards.

ARCCONF requires the ARCCONF exe file from the 2.06 cmdline folder.

0 Kudos