VMware Cloud Community
VinnyH
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Accessing my ESXi server over the NET

Hi,

I just installed an ESXi 4 Server with vSphere etc. Now I want to remotely access it from home to finish the configuration.

One of my VM on this new host has a web connection with an Public IP address (or do we call it private, but accessible via the internet).

How do I go about accessing this host over the Net?

Thanks.

Vince

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As long as your guest machine can communicate with the host you could install the VI client inside the guest VM. Then anytime you accessed the guest VM from wherever you could open up the Vi client and connect to your host.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As long as your guest machine can communicate with the host you could install the VI client inside the guest VM. Then anytime you accessed the guest VM from wherever you could open up the Vi client and connect to your host.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What access do you have to the web connected VM? What OS?

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
VinnyH
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It's a Windows 2008 R2 OS with 2 NICs, one Public and one Private.

0 Kudos
mogmios
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I run a VPN server that lets me connect from anywhere as if I'm on the local network. Can get a stand alone appliance or set one up on a VM.

0 Kudos