VMware Cloud Community
MisterTrep
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Acces to you vcenter web, but only on windows /$%$%?&!!!

I'm running a redhat computer desktop (imposed by the company) and I was very exciting to connect to my new vcenter 5.5 by the web ...

A blank page appear and ask me " To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version 11.5.0 or greater is installed. "

But Adobe only version 11.2 on LINUX !!!

I'm very upset about this... Do somebody have a solution ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

yes this is very upset.

As a workaround use Chrome, it has the right Flash version built in.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

yes this is very upset.

As a workaround use Chrome, it has the right Flash version built in.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The release notes specifically mention this configuration as unsupported due to the lack of recent Flash versions on Linux.

vSphere 5.5 Release Notes

Product Support Notices

• vSphere Web Client. Because Linux platforms are no longer supported by Adobe Flash, vSphere Web Client is not supported on the Linux OS. Third party browsers that add support for Adobe Flash on the Linux desktop OS might continue to function.

So your only workaround is to use Google Chrome for now or to reason with your company for a different operating system if you spend most of the time of your administrating the environment.

andsongomes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi MisterTrep,

If you want use vSphere Web Client 5.5.x (vCenter) on GNU/Linux, you can install the pepperflashplugin-non-free.

For debian and source: https://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pepperflashplugin-nonfree.html.

For ubuntu and source: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pepperflashplugin-nonfree

Good luck.

Andson Gomes

Andson Gomes ---------------------------- Sysadmin
0 Kudos