VMware Cloud Community
Tom-Li
Contributor
Contributor

About the copy and paste text function between the Vmware and the Host.

I installed the latest version of VMware tools in VMware, the client also showed that the installation was successful, and VMware can adapt to the screen; the client parameters have also been modified, and the following two lines have been added: isolation.tools.copy.disable=" FALSE",isolation.tools.paste.disable="FALSE"; I manually started "/usr/bin/vmware-user" and restarted the virtual machine, but this function still cannot be implemented. I would like to ask if there are other ways to implement the client Copy and paste text function between VMware and the host.
I am using the exsi7.0 version, and the VMware created above is the ubuntu18.04.5 version.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
cyberwookie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i had some fun(!) with case sensitivity in the past, try lower case "false"

(worth a try)

0 Kudos
Tom-Li
Contributor
Contributor

I tried it, but it didn't work (crying)

0 Kudos
Tom-Li
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to ask, have you solved this problem?

0 Kudos
stevendt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I am trying to get copy and paste working with ESXi 6 (it's on older hardware that uses the prebuilt HP ESXi 6.0.0u3 image) and am having no success. Has anyone got cut & paste (into Windows 2016/2019) working with ESXi 6 using the Web Client?

I have implemented the configuration items as described in other posts / VMWare tech notes, blogs, etc. , . . .

isolation.tools.copy.disable="FALSE" (I have tried using lower case too)

isolation.tools.paste.disable="FALSE"

both at VM level and in the /etc/vmware/config file

I have restarted the VMs, the host (a number of times)

I have unregistered the VM and registered it

I have the latest VM tools installed

I am starting to think that it just DOES NOT WORK in ESXi 6.0.0?

regards

Dave

0 Kudos