VMware Cloud Community
DevaDx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

About VMWare

Hi Geeks,

As I have Very Much interested in virtualization.

But I won't know exactly where I need to start..

I already started my VMware course in udmey for VMware Vsphere administration. I hope it will help me slightly but I looking for more free resources to growth my sills in VMWare.

can u call help me pls??

Thanks and Regards.

Devaraj Sankar...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

there is couple of helpful learning video in you tube  and vmware learning site .

Regards,

Randhir

TEST1981
Contributor
Contributor

1. Create your home lab - and begin from deploying hypervisor, running web appliance for,configuring v center

2. Learn about P2V conversions,try one,learn about snapshots,live backup of vms by external programs

3.learn and practice about vkernel ports and practice

and again...even best training available is not worthy if you are not able to practice it live :]

DevaDx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can you please provide me any valuable links and source you have.

0 Kudos
imacfj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware provide free trials of both ESXi and vCenter server so setting up a home lab is a must

This can be achieved quite cheaply if you use VMware workstation on a well equipped PC, which will allow you to deploy a couple of hosts along with a vCenter server appliance and play around with clustering, vmotions, HA etc

TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello DevaDx​,

In my opinion, the best resource for getting hands-on with pretty much ALL of VMwares products is Hand On Lab (HOL) - these allow you to spin up virtualized environments for a vast array of products, from basic ESXi/vSphere to more complex solutions such as vSAN, NSX, vRA, Horizon View.

If this were not enough, each lab comes with well-written notes for guidance in the rationale and process of performing specific typical tasks.

VMware Learning Platform

HOL is completely free and is a great way to learn environments/products with no investment in hardware or licenses required - these are also recycled, so it is a great place to "Deploy'n'Destroy" for testing purposes.

Bob

0 Kudos