VMware Cloud Community
suspenceone
Contributor
Contributor

6.7 Intel UHD Graphics 620 Passthrough

I have scoured the Internet looking for examples of how to resolve my issue. I have enabled passthrough for my graphics card on my ESXi host, rebooted, then added it to a Windows 10 VM as a new PCI device, dedicated 4GB of RAM, and changed svga.present to FALSE. Upon reboot of the host and starting up the VM, I do see the graphics card added as a display adapter in the Device Manager. I can update the driver successfully as well. No matter what I do, the monitor shows no signal or just solid black. I have tried to adjust the pciHole.start option and that did not seem to do anything. Any suggestions on how to debug or try other options would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ekinox31
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, have you find any solution for GPU passthrough of the Intel HD 620 ?

I've Proxmox installed and tried for weeks to make it work without success. Here are the situation:

- In Windows 10 VM, no issue, no problem visible in the log/journal, all device are OK in device manager, BUT i can not activate HDMI output....

- In Ubuntu/Debian, HDMI is OK, sound over HDMI is OK BUT hardware acceleration is unavailable (Kodi in HD needs 80% CPU)...

Before trying VMware, i would like to have your feedback... Thanks.

0 Kudos
bernhard11
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same situation with VMWare 6.7U3 and Intel i5 4600. Passtru of the Intel GPU in Ubuntu works (did not test yet the HW acceleration) , in Win10 the screen is black. It looks like the windows driver (Basic from MS and also the newest from Intel) is using more resources of the iGPU that it doesn't get and so stops before activating HDMI. I have configured as described in Link.

Anybody any idea what is missing ? Thanks!

0 Kudos