VMware Cloud Community
Kahonu84
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

6.5.2 and web certificates

Aloha,

We are moving from 5.5 to 6.5.2. We have a test system we are banging away on for now.

The most recent mystery we are trying to solve are web certificates. To be specific we are

trying to do away with the warning we receive when trying to open the variety of web clients.

Also we are trying to enable the ability to upload a folder to a datastore. This link was supposed

to take care of both issues - https://vcdx133.com/2017/09/18/vsphere-6-5-unable-to-upload-files-to-datastore-or-deploy-ovas/

Two of us tried this on two different machines. Both of us came away with no changes in

solving either problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

• Launch mmc from run .
  • Click on File --> Add or remove snap-ins --> Certifictae --> Add --> Computer Account --> Local Computer --> Ok
  • Navigate to  certificates --> Trusted Root Certification authorities --> Certificates right click --> All tasks and import certs.

Upload both the files to Trusted root certification authorities.

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What browser your use?

Firefox has its own trusted roots store and does not use the operating system store. If you are working with Firefox, download the certificate as described above, and then select Tools > Options, click Advanced, and click Certificates to import the certificate into Firefox.

Obtain Certificates Using the vSphere Web Client

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
Kahonu84
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I am using FF. I tried the procedure you specified. FF says it's looking for *.p12

or *.pfx files. The certs I downloaded from vcenter are *.crt files.

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

• Launch mmc from run .
  • Click on File --> Add or remove snap-ins --> Certifictae --> Add --> Computer Account --> Local Computer --> Ok
  • Navigate to  certificates --> Trusted Root Certification authorities --> Certificates right click --> All tasks and import certs.

Upload both the files to Trusted root certification authorities.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos