VMware Cloud Community
AlexG2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

5.1 to 5.5 upgrade

Hello,

New to vmware..

I’m in the middle of upgrading from 5.1 to 5.5, done the vCenter upgrade and getting ready to push the upgrade to HP host – DL360p gen8 (it's on the vmware compatible list for 5.5),

but baseline upgrade details results in Compliance State: Incompatible.  I’ve downloaded both 5.5 1331820 iso, one from iso from HP which is a custom version, but are incompatible. 

Should I proceed with upgrade even though both are incompatible?

Thx,

Alex

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tomtom901
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Non compliant means that the host isn't running the same build as the ESXi image. Therefore, it isn't compatible with the host upgrade baseline. You can then remediate to perform the host upgrade.

vum.png

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Alex,

you will not be able to push the update if it is non-complaint. I don't proceeding as it is would be helpful. But It seems that there may be other patches that may be pretty old and reporting non-complaint.

verify if the ISO itself showing up as non-complaint.?

Thanks,
Avinash

0 Kudos
AlexG2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Avinash,

It's only the ISO upgrade that's incompatible, tried both VMware and the HP custom ISOs, both incompatible.  The patches column are good and flagged with a check mark.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Alright if that is the case, I have seen situations where reboot of the Hosts fixes the Incompatible problem. Could you try a reboot on one of the host.??

0 Kudos
AlexG2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Rebooting one of the host right now.  Should I use the VMware 5.5 ISO or use the HP custom ISO?

0 Kudos
AlexG2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Now it says Non-Compliant as opposed to Incompatible.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are both ISO showing up as Non-Complaint..??

Thanks,
Avinash

0 Kudos
tomtom901
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Non compliant means that the host isn't running the same build as the ESXi image. Therefore, it isn't compatible with the host upgrade baseline. You can then remediate to perform the host upgrade.

vum.png

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AlexG2013
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, remediate worked! 

0 Kudos