VMware Cloud Community
Derekk87
Contributor
Contributor

5.1 ESXi standaard

I installed a new 5.1 ESXi and after that I created a new resource pool I installed a server 2008 r2 on that pool which has a ad, DHCP and DNS installed.

If I want to use the my laptop I have to manually insert my IP, gw and DNS. Can anyone help me please.

Please have some consideration am a beginner.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

welcome to communities!!

can you please explain the requirement?

i understand, you like to connect your laptop to the domain which is running on VM. Also Laptop has to fetch the IP from DHCP.

is it right?

0 Kudos
vTagion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You have a couple of options if I understand you correctly. If this is hooked up to the same network as your laptop, but when your laptop is used in other places you require DHCP, but you want a static IP when connected to your ESXi host network? If that is the case you can either create a script that will change your network settings for you, or google a freeware application that can do that as well while utilizing hotkeys.

If I'm way off the mark on what you are looking for then please explain better your issue. Thanks.

If you felt my comment was helpful or solved your problem, please return the favor of marking my answer as solved. Thanks! | http://www.vTagion.com
0 Kudos