VMware Cloud Community
bugeyemonster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1st upgrade to esx 5i cannot reconnect server

I updated my first vSphere host to 5. I had to use a CD because there was not enough disk space to update via update manager. The server is back up and appears to be configure with all the right settings. I can connect to it with vcenter client, however i can not add it back to my Virtual Center.

The error i get says it is not available on the network.

the specific error is with: Call "Datacenter.QueryConnectionInfo" for object "clustername" on vCenter Server "vcenterserver" failed.

any advice?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Check if you can PING the ESXi host using hostname from the vCenter server

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
bugeyemonster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yup i can ping it.

i restarted the management agents

changed lockdown to disabled

still cant add it, i get the same error.

0 Kudos
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you have the same problem when trying to add using IP address?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
bugeyemonster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

same error message whether i use the IP or the FQDN

0 Kudos
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The vCenter server is a v5, right?

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
iw123
Commander
Commander

Have you checked your vpxd.log file on your vcenter? Is there anything in there relating to the problem?

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
0 Kudos
bugeyemonster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

from vpxd.log

2012-08-01T09:58:24.171-04:00 [03952 info 'Default' opID=DA73F4D0-0000038A] [VpxLRO] -- FINISH task-internal-5386187 -- datacenter-5 -- vim.Datacenter.queryConnectionInfo -- 52a9319a-2fe3-af45-943b-6185ca0657ad(52d995dd-be64-46f9-74d7-f325d49c2c6e)
2012-08-01T09:58:24.171-04:00 [03952 info 'Default' opID=DA73F4D0-0000038A] [VpxLRO] -- ERROR task-internal-5386187 -- datacenter-5 -- vim.Datacenter.queryConnectionInfo: vim.fault.NoHost:
--> Result:
--> (vim.fault.NoHost) {
-->    dynamicType = <unset>,
-->    faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,
-->    name = "hostname",
-->    msg = "",
--> }
--> Args:
-->
--> Arg hostname:
--> "hostname"
--> Arg port:
--> -1
--> Arg username:
--> "vpxuser"
--> Arg password:
--> (not shown)
-->
--> Arg sslThumbprint:
-->
0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion

Have you tried removing it from the cluster and then adding it as if it was a brand new host going in?

0 Kudos
bugeyemonster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

At first I left it in the cluster. After the upgrade it did not reconnect and I was unable to add it back. I then removed the disconnected object from virtual center.

0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion

Do you have the SSL Settings (for vCenter) box to make host SSL certificates required checked? I had some issues adding hosts without that checked a while back. Once enabled I was able to easily add hosts again.

0 Kudos
bugeyemonster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes it is checked

0 Kudos