VMware Cloud Community
extjama
Contributor
Contributor

Limitations of free hypervisor edition

Hello all,

Let's assume I decide using the free license for the hypervisor (don't exactly know what this is), will I be able to do this things with it manually by the web-gui (as I do it now)

Switch on/off VMs

Add/Delete/Copy/Backup VMs

Edit VMs (like shifting hard disk space)

Manage storage (simple tasks - like adding a new hard disk or moving a VM to a new storage)

Thank you so much. 

P.S. I found some page that lists comparisons of free and paid features but I didn't really found what I was looking for. So I really appreciate your help. 

4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you asking about ESXi on ARM or on Intel/AMD?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
extjama
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm talking about the ESXI on ARM.

Thanks for quick reply.

Best regards 

0 Kudos
asheethakoo
Contributor
Contributor

Currently with the Fling edition ( standalone mode with NO VC) we do not see these features.

When i add this host to the VC , would it enable open up these features ?  And would it require a vSphere license to do it ?

0 Kudos
AnatoxinD
Contributor
Contributor

All VM management tasks are present in the ESXi Host Client, (like expand storage, add storage, power on/off VM, snapshots and so on)

However, all features that comes with vCenter (like cloning) and vStorage API for backups requires a license.

That goes for both x86 and ARM Fling.

0 Kudos