VMware Cloud Community
devourer1349
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere HA FDM VIB

Hi,

I have read the documentation (ESXi-Arm-Fling-Doc.pdf) regarding adding the Raspi4 nodes with ESXi for ARM installed to a vCenter and enable HA.

I could add the nodes to a cluster in vCenter, but i can't install the HA agent. The documentation explaines:

Download the specific FDM VIB from the ESXi-Arm Fling site for your version of your vCenter Server. At launch of the fling, vCenter Server 7.0d (Build 16749653) and vCenter Server 7.0c (Build 16620007) are supported.

However, where do I find this VIB? I can't see it on the ESXi ARM Fling page, here I can only download the ISO.

I'm ver ysorry if I have missed somethign very obvious, but I really can't find the VIB to downlaod it an install it on the nodes to get HA up and running.

Hope someone can help me with a braod hint.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

You download the FDM VIB from the same place as you download the ESXi-Arm ISO 🙂 Its on the MyVMware page, to get there just go to Fling site and click on the "download" button which will take you there

lam-screenshot.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

You download the FDM VIB from the same place as you download the ESXi-Arm ISO 🙂 Its on the MyVMware page, to get there just go to Fling site and click on the "download" button which will take you there

lam-screenshot.png

0 Kudos
Xeroxxx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For everyone searching for the install command:

esxcli software vib install --no-sig-check -v /tmp/vmware-fdm-7.0d-16749671.arm64.vib

Put the file via WinSCP or "FTP over SSH" Tool of your choice to /tmp/.

0 Kudos
dimmer_petr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello, I received this error:

[ValueError]
Expected 1 component, found 2
Please refer to the log file for more details.

Please help.

0 Kudos