VMware Cloud Community
nexusguy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare ESXi ARM on Fling

Hello Everyone,

I have dove in to try the VMWare ESXi ARM on Fling. i am liking it so far it is really cool. I am using my TrueNAS 12.0 to host my Windows VMs, So my problem is i have 3 of these Raspberry Pi4's with ESXi Arm on Fling and 2 of them are working flawlessly and one isn't it doesn't matter which are os I try I get a kernel panic on all of them.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot this so I was hoping someone here could help get it sorted out. I would really not have to rebuild build if I can avoid it. I have attached a snapshot for you to see as well.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cyprienlaplace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

From the picture you sent, it looks like the initrd was found corrupted by Linux. The basic would be to download the Ubuntu ISO again (not copy it), and try again. But you also says the two other RPi4 are working flawlessly, so I understand that the very same ISO is working on another RPi4.

To help diagnose the issue, I would like to have more informations about your system. Can you run vm-support and share the resulting tgz file? See https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1010705 for the procedure. It would be best if you can do it also on a one of the working RPI4 for comparaison.

Thanks,
Cyprien

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@nexusguy 

Moderator: Moved to the dedicated ESX-Arm Fling Discussions area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
nexusguy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

sorry I posted in the wrong area, my bad.....

0 Kudos
cyprienlaplace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

From the picture you sent, it looks like the initrd was found corrupted by Linux. The basic would be to download the Ubuntu ISO again (not copy it), and try again. But you also says the two other RPi4 are working flawlessly, so I understand that the very same ISO is working on another RPi4.

To help diagnose the issue, I would like to have more informations about your system. Can you run vm-support and share the resulting tgz file? See https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1010705 for the procedure. It would be best if you can do it also on a one of the working RPI4 for comparaison.

Thanks,
Cyprien

0 Kudos
nexusguy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Downloading the iso and re-installing did the trick thank you.

cyprienlaplace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Interesting.. I'm glad it worked!

0 Kudos