VMware Cloud Community
Selfis1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem with installing WMs

Hi, my problem is that I want to create a VM but once I launched it doesn't launch the OS but this (screenshot1) so I looked back into the settings I have seen that there's unchecked "Connect" (screenshot2) so I checked it and once I save it and edit the settings again it shows the same thing and after launching again the same thing.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Have a look at the list of supported guest OSes: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjNgZDNmOf2AhWDilwKHQXQCz...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Selfis1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi @scott28tt, thanks for the reply I looked at the list of supported OSes and I realized that I have installed ISO that hasn't the ARM64 structure so I did some research and I found Windows ISO with ARM64 and it worked. But one more question now I have a problem with installing a network adapter for windows so I can connect it to the internet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That usually means the ISO does not contain a valid bootable image.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Selfis1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi @scott28tt thanks for your response I thought the same so I downloaded multiple iso from windows to Linux and it always does the same 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I just noticed you posted this in the ESXi on ARM fling area, are you trying to install OSes which are for x86-based processors? If so, that won’t work.

0 Kudos
Selfis1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, @scott28tt thanks for your reply  I am installing 64bit Windows on VMware. My VMware is installed on my raspberry pi 4 64bit. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Have a look at the list of supported guest OSes: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjNgZDNmOf2AhWDilwKHQXQCz...

0 Kudos
Selfis1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi @scott28tt, thanks for the reply I looked at the list of supported OSes and I realized that I have installed ISO that hasn't the ARM64 structure so I did some research and I found Windows ISO with ARM64 and it worked. But one more question now I have a problem with installing a network adapter for windows so I can connect it to the internet.

0 Kudos
cyprienlaplace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Selfis1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, @cyprienlaplace  thanks for your reply I am still getting stuck because when I look at the windows network adapter settings there's no adapter I changed the settings many times and tried everything out but still nothing works.

0 Kudos