VMware Cloud Community
OlivierF-FR
Contributor
Contributor

No datastore after installation

Hello,

I'm sorry, I need your help because I don't understand.

I have a PI 4 with 4GB and 32GB USB key.

No problem for installation after change UEFI option and  before the boot I use "autoPartitionOSDataSize=8192".

After installation, I don't understand why have I no datastore and I can't create it.

Thank you for your help

Goodbye

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cyprienlaplace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Olivier,

It looks like you did the correct thing. But just to double check, have you strictly respected the capitalization?

If you did, can you go into the storage tab of ESXi embedded ui, and take screenshots of your disk partitions? The screen must look like the attached screenshot (here I just did an install on a 32GB USB key, and I have a 13 GB VMFS partition).

Thanks,
Cyprien

0 Kudos
cyprienlaplace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

attached...

0 Kudos
OlivierF-FR
Contributor
Contributor

Hello cyprienlaplace,

thank you for your help. I attach screenshot. I have only 26,55GB VMSL partition.

In "action" menu and "edit partition", I can't resize partition, only delete VMSL partition.

allow me to clarify, I use ESXi on x64 for create VM, I never do installation because is my training platform of my school.

Thank you

0 Kudos
OlivierF-FR
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am happy !!! It's OK, I reinstalled my PI and change one option :

runweasel cdromBoot autoPartitionOSDataSize=4096

For the previous installation I use 8192 or tape a wrong option.

Thank you for your read and your help.

bye

cyprienlaplace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hey Olivier, this is great. My guess would be a typo, as my 32GB install with =8192 worked 4 times in a row (yep, I just reinstalled 7 Pis, 4 of them having 32GB usb keys).

Enjoy ESXi Arm 🙂

0 Kudos