VMware Cloud Community
UnixCommando1
Contributor
Contributor

HA issue

I have a puzzler, I've been using the VmWare ARM Fling for over a year now and I'm a member of the VmWare Users Group so I have valid licensing for my VCenter and my ESXi hosts.

I'm running my ESXi ARM on a pair of Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB of RAM.  This has been working well until recently.  Last week the switch my ARM cluster was connected to failed.  I didn't realize it at first because some of the devices attached to that switch have wifi and were still working.  When I finally found time to diagnose and correct the problem my ARM cluster had been offline for nearly a week.  When everything reconnected my ARM cluster would not bring up HA.  KB docs suggest a networking issue, but I don't think that's it, when I "Reconfigure HA" it tells me it can't connect to the HA agent and installs a new one, of course that one doesn't work so I install the FDM vib from the flings page.  Each time I try to redo HA it installs the FDM again, whether by reconfiguring HA or by disabling it in the cluster and re-enabling it.  I'm not sure where to go with this, suggestions?

thanks

-Bob

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Posted to the wrong area, reported so a moderator should move it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos