VMware Cloud Community
eeandersen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 7.0.0 install fails after "gss loaded successfully" message

So, last year, I, a relative noob, installed ESXi on my Raspberry Pi 4 (8GB) and had fun learning what it could offer. When the license was about to expire, I broke the setup down and used it somewhere else. Today, I wanted to set it up again and I have had trouble. The installer stops after the message "gss loaded successfully" . Tried many times, stopping at the same point each time.

The first thing I did was to update the eeprom which in retrospect may be the cause of my troubles. I attempted to use all the software from before: the UEFI (1.20) and installer (VMware-VMvisor-Installer-7.0.0-17230755.aarch64.) No joy.

A number of things have changed in the past 12 months so I tried the most up-to-date UEFI (1.32) and the most up-to-date installer (VMware-VMvisor-Installer-7.0.0-19076756.aarch64). No joy here, either.

Ideas anyone?????  Is there an install log written out that might shed light?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cyprienlaplace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi, can you try to make sure the flash drive has no existing partitions in it? Pre-existing partitions might upset the installer.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
2 Replies
cyprienlaplace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi, can you try to make sure the flash drive has no existing partitions in it? Pre-existing partitions might upset the installer.

Tags (1)
eeandersen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yup, that’s it!  gparted to delete all partitions then create one to format FAT32 and all is well!

Thanks!