VMware Cloud Community
Dom1n1c
Contributor
Contributor

Automatic UEFI file selection in ks.cfg (ESXi ARM) - UEFI for RPi4 4 and 8GB

Hey,

I like the idea of creating an ESXi Arm datacenter and tinkered a bit with a couple of Raspberry Pi4s.
Do you think it might be possible to select the apropriate UEFI ZIP during installation?
I created two files, one for the 4GB and one for the 8GB RAM Variant.

This is more or less based on the scripts and tools provided by William. (Exept for some parts like PXE which i did a bit different. PXE is running on a UDM Pro and i do serve different files, based on the board serial and MAC-Adress) 

So thats my %POST section:

Dom1n1c_0-1707430562237.png

And another thing is that I am struggeling to download files securely via HTTPS (cloudflare)
is there a way I can implement HTTPS with one or two headers in the kickstart file?
The header is a way of one time password, the wget/curl is okay, i can run it on the KS Server
Dom1n1c_1-1707430594762.png

Thank you guys!
Pictures instead of codefences, as it wasn't allowed by the forum-software 😞

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cyprienlaplace
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, sorry for the late reply!

I wonder.. why do you need two different UEFIs for 4gb and 8gb Raspberry Pi4s? Both need the 3GB limit to be disabled, but I don't see what other settings need to be different.

And, what is the issue with HTTPS? One thing I could imagine is the the Pi4 does not have a RTC so if there is any date checking for certificates it would fail.

Dom1n1c
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, that might be the case, or the header. Anyway, as Broadcom did stupid things, I will not continue with ESXi. 

0 Kudos