VMware Horizon Community
robinstolpe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what does the support tool really do?

Hi,

I'll build in the DEM support tool function into our own software and what I have discovered is that the support tool when they choose to delete a users config/profile for a software change the name of the file to xxxx.xx.flag then I guess DEM by it own delete this file when the user are logging out. Is that correct?

IT engineer that works with the hole VMWare portfolio and also loves to develop and automate in C# and PowerShell
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @robinstolpe,

That ProfileArchive.zip.flag file ensures that no export takes place at logoff (or application exit, in the case of DirectFlex.)

Without that, deleting a profile archive to reset a user's settings won't have the intended effect in case the user is currently logged on.

0 Kudos
robinstolpe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @DEMdev 

so what I can do is rename the file with .flag and then after the user has logged off I can delete the file?

then the profile for that user are deleted right?

IT engineer that works with the hole VMWare portfolio and also loves to develop and automate in C# and PowerShell
0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @robinstolpe,

Pardon the late response; I was out for a few days.

Sure, you can rename the user's profile archive to .zip.flag. No need to delete it later; that's taken care of by DEM itself.

0 Kudos
robinstolpe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Perfect! Thanks!

0 Kudos