VMware Horizon Community
goran_j
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

running custom commands in SYSTEM context

"Release Notes for DEM 2303" says that one of the new features is
* Support for running custom commands in SYSTEM context before or after the DEM agent performs a path-based import or path-based export

But, i am having trouble finding the place in the console where i can turn on "SYSTEM context" 

Can anyone point me in the direction of such checkbox, or any other way to execute commands in "SYSTEM" context?

i am trying to modify few registry keys during the logon and Administrator rights are insufficient. I was hoping to avoid tweaking permissions on the gold image by being able to use "SYSTEM context" in DEM 2303

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @goran_j,

This is an agent setting, which is why you can't find it in the Management Console.

If you configure the DEM agent via GPO, you can download the advanced ADMX template from KB 2145286, and then configure the Custom commands as SYSTEM policy setting:

DEMdev_0-1682004789488.png

If you use NoAD mode, you can configure the equivalent settings your NoAD.xml config file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @goran_j,

This is an agent setting, which is why you can't find it in the Management Console.

If you configure the DEM agent via GPO, you can download the advanced ADMX template from KB 2145286, and then configure the Custom commands as SYSTEM policy setting:

DEMdev_0-1682004789488.png

If you use NoAD mode, you can configure the equivalent settings your NoAD.xml config file.

0 Kudos
goran_j
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you @DEMdev for your quick response.