0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Dominik,

DEM 9.10 will be the first "normal" release with support for Windows 10 Version 1909, but we also support the UEM 9.4.1 and DEM 9.9 ESB releases on 1909.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

It just came out so it wouldn't be supported by any of the software regardless of it working or not. Considering there isn't anything ground breaking I'm not moving to 1909.

Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,,

below are the main new features of Windows 10 1909 released on 10 November 2019

Digital assistants

Microsoft has worked to allow third-party digital assistants to interact with users even with the device still on the lock screen. This change should therefore lead to greater integration with assistants like Cortana and Alexa.

Notification Center

Microsoft has improved the Notification Center. In particular it is possible to turn off notifications for a specific app directly from the Notification Center settings or directly from the popup.

Also the page for notifications within the Settings app has been renewed. For example, there is a global entry dedicated to disabling notifications audio. The list of senders of notifications is now sorted based on the last notification shown instead of the sender's name. This will allow you to find and customize the app that frequently sends you notifications.

User interface

Microsoft has updated the Calendar pop-up on the taskbar to help you quickly create events.

Battery and performance

Windows 10 November 2019 Update incorporates some improvements to the autonomy of laptops and 2 in 1 and should also ensure, at least on some platforms, superior performance thanks to an optimized use of the CPU's preferred cores. This is possible through a rotation policy that distributes the work more equitably among the preferred cores. In this article more information on this aspect.

File Explorer

File Explorer (File Explorer) uses Windows Search (Windows Search) to integrate local content and OneDrive cloud content thanks to a renewed user interface.

Calculator

With the new version of Windows 10 there should also be a renewed Calculator application with full support for trigonometry and functions (f), as well as statistics and other advanced numerical problems.The Windows Calculator application will support all six corner functions used in trigonometry.

CPU support

Microsoft has added support for 10th generation Intel Core processors, along with Xeon E-22xx. There is also support for the Atom J4xxx / J5xxx and N4xxx / N5xxx and the Celeron and Pentium CPUs, of which particular models have not been specified. Curiously on the list, Intel's tenth generation processors are listed as Core i3 / i5 / i5 / i5 / i7 / i9-10xxx, although no tenth-generation Core i9 still exists.

Regarding AMD, support for seventh generation processors is still present, including the A series, the E series and the FX-9000, along with Athlon 2xx, Opteron and EPYC 7xxx. The novelty for AMD is the support for Ryzen 3xxx CPUs, which is in addition to the one for Ryzen 2xxx. Obviously the Ryzen 3000 CPUs work quietly right from the debut, so we are faced with a simple "black on white" support. As for the Qualcomm CPU list, support for the Snapdragon 850 and the Snapdragon 8cx model.

Other improvements

The left column in the Start menu expands when you hover over it with the mouse, for better understanding.

The voice assistant and other assistive technologies are able to read and learn where the FN, FUNCTION key is located on the keyboards and in what state it is - locked or unlocked.

Finally, Windows 10 November 2019 Update offers several improvements for companies, such as the support of Windows Defender Credential Guard on ARM64 products, which should be useful for bringing more ARM devices into companies, starting with the Surface Pro X.

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Dominik,

DEM 9.10 will be the first "normal" release with support for Windows 10 Version 1909, but we also support the UEM 9.4.1 and DEM 9.9 ESB releases on 1909.

0 Kudos
system32AUT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey sjesse​ - We are moving only to autumn updates, in this case from 1809 to 1909 because Enterprise has 30 month of patch support which 1803 and 1903 not have.

Cheers!

0 Kudos