VMware Horizon Community
QCBenPetersen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Windows 10 Mandatory Profiles and Skype for Business

So I was wondering if any of you have been able to get this to work.  James Rankin made a recent video on how to make this work, which looks promising.

However how would I make this change to the profile reg entry at logon and logoff on UEM?

How to use Skype for Business with a mandatory profile - YouTube

Link to the what the powershell script does.

Using Skype for Business with a mandatory profile

Still relatively new to UEM so hopefully answer will help my knowledge on the next level.

Thanks in advance.

Environment variables--

Instant Clone

Office AppStack

Mandatory Profiles

UEM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi QCBenPetersen,

Instead of using James Rankin's approach, might I suggest testing with UEM's certificate support for mandatory profiles setting (Configure Certificate Support for Mandatory Profiles Setting)? That should pretty much achieve the same thing, and has the advantage that it's built in to the product.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
QCBenPetersen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ok I have worked through this abit and am on the last piece.

I need to run a Powershell Script I have on the Golden Master, what would be the best way at accomplishing this from UEM?

0 Kudos
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

If the powershell script needs to run at logon, just create a UEM Logon Task and start the command with 'Powershell.exe'.

An example of such a script is :

Powershell.exe Export-StartLayout -Path $env:APPDATA\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\LayoutModification.XML

As you can also see in this blog:

Managing Windows 10 with VMware User Environment Manager

0 Kudos
QCBenPetersen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have it as a .ps1 as the command isnt not as straightforward.

$USERSID = ([Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).User.Value

set-variable -Name key -Value 'HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\$USERSID"

$state = (Get-ItemProperty -Path $key -Name State).State

{Set-Item -Property -Path $key -Name State -Value 9000}

so how would I pass that.?

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi QCBenPetersen,

Instead of using James Rankin's approach, might I suggest testing with UEM's certificate support for mandatory profiles setting (Configure Certificate Support for Mandatory Profiles Setting)? That should pretty much achieve the same thing, and has the advantage that it's built in to the product.

QCBenPetersen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Man there is so much i need to learn about this software, thank you so much and I will be looking into this.

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yeah, UEM's feature set is quite extensive. Hope the certificate support setting does the trick for S4B; please keep us posted!

0 Kudos
QCBenPetersen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

upon initial testing seems to have worked like a charm.  thank you very much!