rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows 10 (1909) Redirecting Downloads failed

Hi All,

Any idea why DEM cannot redirect Download folder? In logs I can see:

2020-02-19 07:57:37.318 [WARN ] Redirected 'Downloads' folder to '\\path_to_share\%username%\Downloads' but initialization failed with error 0x8007001f ('User Profile redirection - Lietotaju atbalsta nodala.xml')

All other folders like Desktop, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos are successfully redirected as I can see from log file.

22 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @GTO455,

No, we never got to the bottom of this, and unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this myself 😞

After the warning is logged, could you check whether the redirected downloads folder contains a hidden Desktop.ini file?

BTW, please note that the downloads folder has successfully been redirected in this case. It's "just" the initialization (for localization purposes) that fails for some unknown reason.

0 Kudos
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @DEMdev 

I'm sorry, I really thought I replied to this message the other day.

I did check my Downloads folder and did not find a Desktop.ini file. I did have Hidden Items and file extension enabled in Windows Explorer too.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @GTO455,

Thanks for checking! Too bad, I was hoping that the warning might be caused by that file already existing, in which case I could just add a check before calling the Win32 function... Oh well, the search continues.

0 Kudos