VMware Horizon Community
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows 10 (1909) Redirecting Downloads failed

Hi All,

Any idea why DEM cannot redirect Download folder? In logs I can see:

2020-02-19 07:57:37.318 [WARN ] Redirected 'Downloads' folder to '\\path_to_share\%username%\Downloads' but initialization failed with error 0x8007001f ('User Profile redirection - Lietotaju atbalsta nodala.xml')

All other folders like Desktop, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos are successfully redirected as I can see from log file.

23 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @GTO455,

No, we never got to the bottom of this, and unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this myself 😞

After the warning is logged, could you check whether the redirected downloads folder contains a hidden Desktop.ini file?

BTW, please note that the downloads folder has successfully been redirected in this case. It's "just" the initialization (for localization purposes) that fails for some unknown reason.

0 Kudos
GTO455
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @DEMdev 

I'm sorry, I really thought I replied to this message the other day.

I did check my Downloads folder and did not find a Desktop.ini file. I did have Hidden Items and file extension enabled in Windows Explorer too.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @GTO455,

Thanks for checking! Too bad, I was hoping that the warning might be caused by that file already existing, in which case I could just add a check before calling the Win32 function... Oh well, the search continues.

0 Kudos
Wanly
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We found the same issue and then search engine took me here. The issue is that the folder does not shown the localized name since the desktop.ini file is missing. Redirection does work. The workaround is: 1. Create the desktop.ini file manually. (desktop.ini file at Desktop can be a reference, just change the numbers in the file, 21798,184) 2. Set the Downloads folder attribute to System: attrib +S \\Path-to-Redirection\%username%\Downloads I don't know the root cause.
0 Kudos