VMware Horizon Community
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Windows 10 - 1809 - Alarms & Clock

Has anyone been able to get this to roam?  We tried roaming the following and the Alarms & Clock app launches and then exits shortly after launching:

<LocalAppData>\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_8wekyb3d8bbwe

If I delete that folder and log back in the Alarms & Clock opens again, but no settings are roamed at that point.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You may need to use a fslogix or a writeable volumes to get it to work, from what I've seen things like that just don't roam right.

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That's a Windows Store app right? You might have to set it up with Windows Store for Business, so that the users can use their domain accounts in the MS Store. I use this with the Sticky Notes app, and it saves the user's settings.

0 Kudos
GuntherLmn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi nzorn​,

Try to add the subkey (from Alarms&Clocks) from the registry key below to a custom config file. I managed to roam the Windows calculator size using this key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData

kind regards,

Gunther

nzorn
Expert
Expert

We have Sticky Notes and Calculator roaming just fine, but not Alarms & Clock.  I was hoping someone else had it working.

I even tried this in a test config file and it still won't work after a new login:

[IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<UserProfile>

0 Kudos